23 August 2007

all grown up! ...well almost

My baby brother Dallas started his senior year of high school yesterday! I still remember the day he came home from the hospital...I was pouting because they left me at school until AFTER he arrived at home! I also remember the first time I saw him...right outside the nursery door on a swivel chair so that Krystal and I could take turns holding him.
I can't believe it is now 17 years later! It was a little much when I returned home that first spring and he wanted to practice driving by taking me to the grocery store..."umm, no thanks! I'll drive!" {-I wasn't ready!}. Or when he called because he met this precious girl..."this can't last long...he is a high school boy!" {-I wasn't ready!!} Or this summer when he started his first job... I called mom -"he does NOT need to be working at the mall mom! Do you know some of the people that he will come in contact with?" {-I wasn't ready!!!}

Not that I ever needed to be ready for him to grow! Well...he is driving, still dating that precious girl Mallory, working, and just got back from Mexico on a mission trip too! Ready or not...he is growing up! Maybe I should allow him to drive my next visit home!

1 comment:

Lauren Kate said...

You are a way better sister than I am...I won't even blog about my brother!