30 September 2007

brothers and sisters...

When hubby is away I like to keep the tv on...mainly to fill noise. I think it comes from being one of four children in a home that was always hustling and bustling. I am not scared of quiet...I'm just not in my comfort zone with it. I would rather have noise and drown it out than to have silence.

Well...being the night of premiers I somehow got stuck "halfway" watching "Brothers and Sisters". Never have I seen this show before and I fell for it immediately and ended up watching it "uninterrupted" by the end. ...maybe because Sally Field is the momma, or because there were lots of siblings in a big family which I could relate to, or maybe because they were all doing their own thing all at the same time and life was taking directions...big directions for each of them. Yep this must be it...I can surely relate. ...Hubby is trying out a new program as we speak...will we end up in Delaware, stay in Ohio, journey to Pittsburgh, or head home to Texas in less than a year?...Krystal is growing daily in leaps and bounds with her job and making big decisions for life's direction and amazes me with her growth...Austin my soul searching brother is checking his compass of life right now and making sure its the direction God has planned...then Dallas just this weekend traveled to visit a college he is interested in---he still shouldn't be driving in my world... big decisions, all at one time, large changes...wonder how our "Sally Field" handles is all!

2 comments:

Lauren Kate said...

I'm surprised & not surprised at all that you like this show. Surprised because some of the subject matter isn't up your alley but not surprised because of the family theme! I have watched it since day 1 and love it...mainly because they drink a lot. Ha ha ha just kidding but not really! ;-)

Krystal said...

Okay this is the real one... that is a really good show, it lost me at first but it is slowly catching my attention again... good choice, very heart warming