Hubby and I have been give the task of making Christmas lists of wants by our mothers! {they mean business!} I can't get on the ball to put our lists together. I can't explain it...its not that I don't WANT anything! oh I want! ... I WANT every time I go into Target and see that cute top on the racks and that sweater...adorable!; I WANT each time I step into my favorite quaint shop and admire the eye candy of the vintage treats; I WANT when I stumble across a new website and see "the cutest thing ever!"; and I WANT anytime I stumble across vintage baubles at a flea market.
You see I heart "things", but more than ever this year what I WANT is to go home. I want to lay in bed and my mom beg me to get up so I don't sleep the day away; I want to stay up so late watching home movies with my family that our stomachs hurt the next morning from laughing; I want to eat out at our favorite restaurants; I want to beg my mom to make my favorite meals since she is on day 6 of hubby's favorites!; I want to check out the Christmas lights with hubby's family and then the same ones with mine!; I want to enjoy the commotion of having 4 yorkie boys under one roof; I want to share the one jack and jill bathroom with my siblings again and hear daily for "someone to unlock the door"!; I want my dad to ask us yet again..."would you like burgers for dinner"?
I have been wanting to go home so badly this year that wondering what will be under the Christmas tree hasn't crossed my mind yet. I just want to be there! I'm gonna make a list...because the mommas said so and also because I know that they want us to be happy above all! I also know that the best part of a momma's giving is watching her children receiving! Well and I do suppose there are a few things I want!
17 November 2007
giving + receiving
Labels: lovely family, lovely life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Ashley - Your mom gave me this address so I could read your blog. I have to say that you made me cry this morning. What a sweet, sweet girl (you will always be a girl to me) you are! I had dinner with your mom last week for my b-day, and I know that your family is counting down the days until your arrival also! Have a great Thanksgiving with Austin! Can't wait to see you. Love you, Ms. Su
Ms. Su...I am so glad you have become a reader! I look forward to catching lunch with you and Erica while we are home!
Post a Comment