27 November 2007

my 1st new set of wheels!

I picked up my new car yesterday!!! I was so nervous {and excited} to drive it off the lot yesterday in the pouring rain especially after the salesman took the leisure to tell me how much a new car depreciates as you drive it off the lot ... seriously ... must you share that tidbit. My cell phone rang on the way home so many times ... for the first time I ignored it. Despite the congratulatory calls I was terrified to attempt to talk and drive! Not to worry ... I will be a better multi-tasker soon enough!

I just LOVE the new car smell!! It is smooth, quiet, roomy, and everything I didn't have to have, but hubby wanted for me. I was more than content driving my previous Honda and really was crushed when she finally died...God knew that I was a little too attached to my 1992 Honda Accord and that she wouldn't be retired until she quit running. I think I can get used to this new model though!

She barely fits in the garage...I will either have to get much better at it or hubby and I will be bonding daily getting her in and out of the garage and up the hill on the side of our apartment...gotta love vintage brownstones!
I can't think Mrs. Diller and her hubby enough for letting us borrow their car for 6 weeks! It was such a blessing to be able to have a car when hubby was away and to take our time in picking out the car that was right for us and not having to rush into such a big decision. What precious friends the Lord has blessed us with! I will miss that sable!

3 comments:

Connie Mac said...

I hope that I get to see my 1st grandbaby sooner that I get to see this car
Congratulations!!!!!

Lauren Kate said...

It's gorgeous! And from someone who drove an 1986 Toyota Camry for way too long- you are a lot safer now missy!!!

have a lovely said...

mom: hopefully she will still have that new car smell when you get to see her!

LKH: i LOVE the picture in the booklet of the airbags all blown out...it looks like a down comforter! Hopefully, I will never need them, but it looks pretty safe and cozy if I needed them!