{ Recover... } Do you remember last month when hubby and I recovered this antique buffet table off the side of the road? {If not, see here... the recovering was a story in its self!} Well...the damage of the hail, rain, and snow left the buffet needing to be completely re-done. We didn't care for the finish on it anyway...so this wasn't a surprise. Well... my precious husband insisted on repairing, repainting, and completely re-doing the buffet table this weekend for me! He spent all weekend making sure it was just perfect and just the way I wanted it...I just love him! Take a look at the transformation! ...
{ Repair... } He completely sanded down all of the old finish to reveal the bare bones and the different woods it is made of.
{ Repaint... } He then primed the whole piece...this step is important too to make an even surface for the paint to adhere to...especially since the woods are different and soak up the paint differently.
{ Re-color? } ...this is where hubby's patience came in as he wanted to make sure that he only had to paint the table once! We tossed around white...not a good color for us and our moves, red would be too much with all the red accents I use...black it was...as originally thought!
{ Redone... } We both are so impressed by how well this "thrown-away" piece now looks lovable and wanted! It turned out wonderfully! Hubby did a fabulous job and gave me such a special early Christmas present!
{ Redecorate... } It looks so good in our apartment! It goes great in the entryway along the striped wall. I now too have the perfect spot for the twin vintage lamps that have always had to "live" on separate tables! If only I was patient enough for it to "cure"! As soon as hubby determines it is "cured" and dry I will upload a pic of it fully decorated in its new home! How sweet of a husband do I have to spend his entire weekend on a special something for me!!!
16 December 2007
recover, repair, repaint, redecorate...
Labels: lovely family, lovely life, lovely made
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
yeah- i changed my mind...i would like that buffet table at my house :)
Looks great! You are so lucky to have such a great piece of furniture for free!
Brandon--what an awesome Taylor you have become--we are so proud of you---Welcome!!!!
it's stunning. what a remarkable refurb!
That looks great! I have been wanting to see the table since your post about finding it on the side of a road. How nice of Brandon!
Post a Comment