Yep! No joke and no pay! The school treated my brother's senior class to the Annual Senior Etiquette Day today. I was recruited as help! { It didn't seem to matter to my new boss {my mom} that I have NO waitress experience. } Well...I can no longer say that! I am experienced now!
It is such a wonderful one-day class the school offers the seniors. They came dressed all spiffy for a tasty seven-course meal complete with servers {the recruited mom and in my case, sister}, decked out tables complete with place cards, china, crystal glasses, flatware, and a napkin {not paper of course}! Each recruited mom {or sister} was in charge of furnishing the china, etc. for their table and then they became the servers for their table.
The seniors seemed to enjoy it and the mommas will be so proud that their soon-to-be graduates will enter the "real-world" with table manners! The final course included a champagne toast {sprite with a strawberry!...not about to let a room full of seniors glulp alcohol!}
They toasted each other as seniors, the successful senior prank, the Republican Party, and...the mommas and sister that helped put on a special day! So sweet!
In the middle of all the preparation it began snowing...yep, only happens not very often in Texas...I guess it snuck out of my suitcase. Don't worry southern friends, I'm sure it will be going home with me when I leave!
I learned a lot today...serve on the left and pick up on the right; the hostess sits on the host's right and is served first; the shoes may look cute, but blisters are vicious; and last, but not least...never be a waitress!




2 comments:
oh my goodness...I only wish I was there to witness this waitressing job!!!!
just wondering- did you break anything??
I have never heard of this done! I went to a manner/charm school to learn where everything goes but it wasn't at school!
Post a Comment