12 July 2008

decorate...undecorate...redecorate...

I have decorated...undecorated...redecorated. Yes...the boxes are unpacked...well almost...I can't seem to get motivated to finish the last few {mainly my jewelry}...weird I know! I was sure to unpack the old worn books that add the warmth to our living room, and for some reason felt it necessary to get my holiday decorations all tucked away in the spare bedroom closet, but I can't seem to get motivated on getting my baubles up in my closet for easy reach. Maybe because for some reason I have yet to feel settled. Another reason could be because I don't exactly get dressed everyday anymore...therefore, I haven't needed that necklace. I have instead left them in a box and choose to grab my favorites when I do get dressed...my comforts that never got packed and traveled in the suitcase with me.

I am so thankful for this chapter in life...its just going to take some time adjusting into it. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else...and I truly wholeheartedly mean that. I feel like we are right where God wants us...not ahead...not behind. I have begun reading He Chose the Nails by Max Lucado {a fabulous read by the way by one of my favorite authors!}. One of the bits of wisdom I walked away with and will chew on all day is listening to God. I spend a lot of time asking him to speak to me and forget to stop and listen and recognize the signs. He really has blessed us in so many ways through this transition...

Hubby is exhausted, but truly loving his new place! He is learning and loving it! He did his first skin to skin this week and he did beautifully! I was so nervous...shhh don't tell him. It has to be along the lines of sending your child off to kindergarten. maybe? I know practicing glue dots and throwing suchers aren't exactly the same things, but you get the point. He double fisted on pager duty...yep...there was 2 this week and when the new one went off...he was cool as a cucumber...I on the other hand was nail biting in the background! He has adjusted beautifully and I am so proud of him!!

God has also blessed us with some wonderful friends already. Only by His grace and understanding...one of our new dear couple friends and hubby's co-resident is from Tyler...actually even better...from my little hometown of Whitehouse. How? Only His ways can explain. He knew we would need friends who love Mexican food just as much as we or understands the craving of having a church family in our new home or the laughs when they find your elementary yearbook pictures {oh my!} or even just the comfort of KNOWING what home feels like and the changes of a new city so different than what we are all used to. We feel blessed to be blessed with them!

I also find it no accident that God brought us only a few hours from Cleveland. He knew if we couldn't head home to Texas quite yet than we would have days where we craved their little faces! God blessed us with many wonderful friends in Cleveland and it is such a comfort to know how close they are! I am hoping to venture back that way before summer's end...to hug necks, meet the newest Mesec, and catch up!

So I promise I am working on pictures of our new place...it really is feeling like home and I am so proud to share it. I have taken pictures to share...then I redecorated. I promise to post some picture tidbits soon...very soon!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the new place! It was so great to hear your voice the other day. I can't wait for the day when I get to see you again. Until then the blog will have to do! I am praying for you as you adjust to your new surroundings!

Lisa said...

Moving to a new city must be so tough, but soon enough it will feel like home - it just takes time, huh?!?!?
I am so glad to hear that you have already met some wonderful friends and that your hubby is liking his new title!
And of course, I can't wait to see the pictures.....

paisley peacock said...

You have done a fab job with the new digs! It already has that "been there-redecorated-feel" that you are oh-so good at :) And I feel fortunate to leave you in a new city all alone with such great friends...what a find! Can't wait for our next visit!

Chelle said...

so glad to here how nicely you are settling in...and just so very excited to see those pictures.