01 August 2008

roastin' somethin' good!

It doesn't matter the time of day...anytime you are at my grandfather's house he is sure to offer you roasted pecans and a cup of coffee. Now...his version of coffee involves just as much cream as mine does flavored syrup so I don't usually take him up on a cup...but his pecans are surely to be savored!! He roasts the pecans himself and usually does this daily. Well...a birthday treat arrived on Thursday...a huge bag of pecans from my grandfather...complete with his signature "hand writ" note...

I popped open the bag and called him again for the special "recipe" on how to roast the pecans...I did and boy were they a treat! I also promised by his request to "save mom just one for when she visits"!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

that is so, so sweet. your grandpa,the note, the pecans, all of it.