29 September 2008

happy christmas and merry fall...

had a little surprise day on friday... after I took hubby to the airport and planned to pick him up in time for dinner... plans changed... after a delayed flight and several hours of waiting he canceled his trip and I had picked him back up and was home by 10:00am! It was such a surprise treat to get to spend the day together!

We had been talking about getting bikes for a while now. Growing up my siblings and I rode up and down our street every night and we lived in such a neat part of Cleveland on the water that I had always wanted a bike there too. It just wasn't feasible or convenient in an apartment.

We decided to do Christmas early this year and get each other bikes while the weather was still nice and the ground not yet frozen. Friday surprised us to be a perfect day to go bike shopping! Hubby got a red one and I got a pink one...fitting!

We have been enjoying our presents and took them on a trail at the bottom of our hill {mountain...it is no hill like I have ever known} on Sunday. These trails supposedly connect all the way to DC...gonna work up to that of course. I surely don't think that we {ok...I} am up for this challenge yet...I think the 5 miles we rode was a good start. I am still learning about some muscle {can't remember what hubby called it} that I never knew I had!

the color in the leaves is really peeking out strong...they don't yet all seem to be on the same page on the burst, but some are ahead and shining alone in their glory...I just love this time of year here!

{ ps: stanley thanks you all for your comments, songs, messages, and well wishes...he got a new bone and a graham cracker...he had a good day! }

5 comments:

Lisa said...

what a perfect weekend - hubby home, beautiful weather, and celebrating Christams early....
does it get any better then that?!?!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

What a fun time!

full of gracie said...

I hope your new bike is helping you sleep!

Sarah said...

i would like to see a picture of your pink bike please!

amariaf2000 said...

Hubby and I got bikes as wedding gifts, and I made sure I got one with a basket in front....for when I move to Bay and ride my bike everywhere...
Like you, I realized I had a few more muscles than I realized. Ride often and the pain will cease. Stop riding for a week, and it will come back....trust me, I know...

~angela
www.mccalled.com/peonypatch