25 April 2009
and away she flew...
she left today...and i cried...like a baby. it felt like the first time she left me in cleveland all over again. i had gotten really good at good-byes over the years away. it makes me wonder how hard it really will be once this babe gets here and my mom leaves that first time...i might just have to begin talks now with my dad about hopes of him commuting to pittsburgh to visit her!
when we took mom to the airport...the clerk telling her she needed to widdle out 18 pounds from her suitcase recognized that we must be mother and daughter...she then went on to comment on my bump...i think i looked at her a little surprisingly...for this was the first time someone i never knew commented on my growing belly. i just didn't expect it this soon...i still felt a little incognito and not so obvious that someone would feel comfortable saying i was preggo...guess its just all out there in the open now! i should have asked if first-time grandmother's get a free pass on +18 pounds of luggage! that would have been a nice gesture of congratulations!
we are hosting new friends for the rest of the weekend...hoping it will be a good distraction...from missing her.
Labels: love from texas, lovely family, lovely life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I'm so sorry :( It's so hard saying goodbye :(
Oh no! Saying good bye is a tough thing...maybe these weekend guests will halpe distract you :) have a great weekend! Xoxo
I miss her too....it doesn't get any better....I just know that she will come here and I will be back ....poor Brandon :) he is so adorable and strong,, I call from the airport all along the way to tell about my progress getting home and he takes all the calls, we don't talk for the 1st 24 hrs, just tears on each end and lots of love..lots of love.....
What a blessing to have such a sweet friendship with your mom. Praying for comfort today as you miss her!
oh but it's so, so sweet that you two share such a strong bond...and as hard as it must be, what a blessing that you miss each other this much...
and Ashley that sweet baby bump looks ever, ever so darling on you!
awww. i know how that feels. every time i come home to visit and have to leave i get so sad! it's so comfortable with your family
I have been behind on my blogging....so CONGRATS to you both! I am so excited for you. Being parents will be the most precious part of your lives! It sure is for Phil and I. Congrats again!
Post a Comment