Briana and I ventured out in the wee hours of the morning today to a flea market in southern Ohio. We had a great time! The day was perfect for "picking fleas" with the sun shining and the wind keeping things cool.
We found many lovelies! We keep changing our mind on "THE find of the day"! One minute it is my early 1900's album that will soon adorn our wedding photos... {I am so excited and was drawn to its golf leaf rimmed pages and uniqueness as I STILL don't have our wedding pictures in an album!...thanks so much Bri for spotting it!}
...the next minute it is the precious little vintage wool coat Briana got for Jackson from little "Norman" that tops the list...or this beauty double-stranded crystal necklace of mine...that will soon be on loan to Briana!
As you can see we found so many new sweet treats! We were highly drawn to all the sparkling baubles throughout the day...you can tell by the stash with ended up with combined!!! Dangerous!
I became a little obsessed with the vintage rhinestone brooches and shoe clips! Could you resist this bling? I will have a broach on everything by the end of the weekend!
These books might have been the best DEAL of the day! We were practically given 5 of them by the vendor! {The Adventures of Robin Hood copyright 1911!!}
Ben, Martha, George, and Abe have all come to live with us! {hubby is not yet home so he might be surprised at our new guests!} These PRECIOUS silhouettes were the most surprising find...as they were at a little outdoor booth with lots of other not so precious goods. Isn't that always were the treasures are!
I am so glad my mom instilled the love of the "flea" in us and trained us well! I love the hunt, I love the find, I love the deal, and I just LOVE it when new treasures of old become a part of our home...it makes my "working scrapbook" that we call home all the warmer!
01 September 2007
lovely flea market...lovely bling!
Labels: lovely finds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment