09 September 2007

this little piggy goes to market...for fruit & "fleas"

It is so nice to have hubby home! Have I mentioned yet how nice it is to have my hubby home!? We spent Saturday together with lots of our favorite things! We headed to the market to handpick our favorite fruits and veggies for the week. We both got our favorites...mangos were on sale so I snatched some up and B found his favorite dinosaur plums to be in season! There is no meal like fresh fruit!!!
He surprised me with a "jewel" of a flea market that he found out about from one of his patients. We found some great finds...an antique foot stool, lots more baubles and bling, a vintage fireman's Golden Book, fabulous vintage sheets of music, a silver compote {hubby found a great deal on}...and some tasty fresh squeezed lemonade!

This double strand of pearls have a story {I just LOVE it when a story comes along with my "flea" finds!} We bought them from a lady that had them in her jewelry box since the 70's. An older lady had given them to her before she died in her 90's. This older lady had them since she was just a little girl...so sweet and chic!Sweet little Golden Book...the fire truck is complete with the correct pieces and parts to make it an authentic drawing of a true American LaFrance! I found this vintage sheet music to be the perfect sentiment of our life's story... I want to do something special with it so it will always serve as a sweet reminder to us!

3 comments:

Connie Mac said...

what great little shoppers the 2 of you are becoming--it makes a southern ole'lady proud----the book looks adorable, the blink will look great on so many things and you will be so proud of every piece that you have
Love,
Mom

Lauren Kate said...

1) I love the "bling"
2) You know I love the pearls!
3) I got 2 vintage books this weekend myself!
4) You're already home silly- you don't need a road!

have a lovely said...

-We learned from the best mom!!!

-The road that keeps winding...we wouldn't choose it any other way though!