Thanksgiving has always been my Nanny's holiday! The reason for the season defined her. She lived her life full of thanks! She opened her home and her table to so many each year on this special day. There were always so many guests that there wasn't one table, but 4 large ones. She cleared out the living room, pushed out the couches, brought in 6 foot tables, cooked for days, and hosted all the family whom many started out years ago as family-less.
You see, she didn't define family by blood, but by heart. She was the one we were all thankful for. Because of her Thanksgiving changed meaning for many families...families who had no where else to go for Turkey Day.
When I got married she gave me the most precious gift. A cookbook full of her recipes in her own hand! Since she has gone on tis book is all the more precious. So today and always I think of her when I am preparing the meals from recipes that she has left me and I know that these meals start from love! Each Thanksgiving I continue to keep her memory alive by preparing the favorites from her table...Nanny's cheese potatoes!!






2 comments:
What a precious post...
I also love the family pic of you all when you were little- those personalities haven't changed!!
Nope...haven't changed one bit!
Post a Comment