The things I'll do for a good piece of furniture! I was on my way home earlier this week...it was hailing pencil erasers and already dark as I headed through the 5:00pm traffic! I spotted a piece of furniture with great legs on the side of the road. Got out in the hail and rain to check out this piece...it was a lovely antique buffet!...and being drenched by the rain, snow, and hail. I headed to their front to door to see if they minded if I have their trash and if they could keep it in their garage until my husband got home with his truck!
Knowing that hubby was in surgery fixing an ankle for either 20 min. or several hours {depended on the damage}...I was at a LOSS of how to get this antique buffet home seeing that it was only 1 block away and getting DRENCHED! Well...Miss Jessica called wanting company for a trip to the grocery store. I then proceeded to try to talk her into getting the dolly and walking the buffet back to our apartment. "Its hailing outside Ashley!!"...I know the furniture will be ruined! We decided to drive-by and measure see if it would fit in her car...nope! Again, I tried to get the owner to see if they would store their trash for me. To no avail! We ended up at the grocery store instead since the dolly was locked in the storage room of the basement!
Hubby called a bit later...tired and hungry since he had been at the hospital since 6:30am and hadn't eaten since then! I asked him for a favor to warn him of the help I would need...I offered cinnamon rolls in the oven! Hubby agreed {well sorta not really, ok not at all, but helped me anyway} and we headed to get the buffet...still raining and hailing pencil erasers!
I will try to snap a picture this weekend...with the time change it is always dark in the basement by the time I get home! Oh yea...the small part I didn't mention...the buffet is in the basement right now because it won't fit in our apartment...yet!
***ETA: I was able to snap a pic...only because of the flash though. Therefore, it is still hard to access the damage of the rain and hail. Nevertheless, I am planning to paint it black and detress it a bit. I think it might turn out just nicely!
08 November 2007
hail, rain, & snow + an antique buffet...
Labels: lovely family, lovely finds, lovely life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
It is awesome and worth risking your life {risking it with the weather and your husband} for! Congrats on another piece of practically free furniture, i'm so jealous! :-)
Post a Comment