16 February 2008

found + recover + love

yes...we have too much furniture {some say}, yes...we are out of room {I admit}, however, this has never kept me from passing up a great find! This one doesn't have a fancy story that involves a rain, hail, and snow storm and a few cinnamon rolls...but it was a great find nonetheless!

It paid to get up before 8:00am on a Saturday...I had to do some logistics with my previous car in finalizing the sale and stop by the bank to let them know how they had thoroughly messed up my account. I was up so early I hit the big TJ M*xx as the manager was unlocking the doors! I headed home ready for lunch when typically I would be in my pjs working on my first cup of coffee.
I found her in the front yard...head down in the snow. I turned her right side up and saw it...her demise. It looks like her previous owner attempted to refinish her...they fought hard with the top...must not have had the right materials for removing the layers of paint, gave into the frustration, and literally kicked her to the curb...my find...and I will show her some tlc!

7 comments:

Lauren Kate said...

I have to say it- I'm so jealous! I never see random pieces of furniture by the side of the road- just homeless people! No fair!

Lauren Kate said...

PS- I went to TJM today too!

Connie Mac said...

Ash---you are amazing and your husband--well again welcome to the family!!!!Collect-Collect-Collect! Distribute later!!!
Love,
Mom

Lisa said...

Beautiful! I can not wait to see how it turns out. If only we all could be as creative....

Karin said...

Oh, wow! Fabulous! Makes my head hurt just to consider the possibilities!! And I see your cute buffet just around the corner. I have the same buffet! Is your DH in med school? My DH just took his radiology boards last June. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I promise:)

Anonymous said...

How lucky are you? I love this, it would be perfect in the atelier...BTW, Miss Ashley I have been tagged and in turn I am tagging you (you see I told you, you are lucky!)

7 wonderful tidbits about yourself...

have a lovely said...

LKH: don't be jealous...you just wait until you move to PA...they too may throwing away furniture!

Mom: I seem to have the collect collect collect part down pat...its the distribute later that may be a down fall come moving time.

LL:

Karin: its sounds like we have much in common...yes, hubby is in his 4th year of medical school and will graduate in May!! He takes the 2nd part of the boards in 2 weeks. Thank you for the reminder of the light...I tend to forget its there sometimes!

Miss B: welcome welcome welcome lovely reader! I have never been tagged...I will have to brainstorm on some tidbits...