It is so nice to be home in Texas...despite being sick since the day after I arrived I have enjoyed sleeping late, staying in my pjs past noon, hanging out with my family, lunch with my siblings, and dinner made by mom complete with homemade bisquits and fresh strawberries my first day home. For those concerned...I will be rapidly gaining back my undesired lost weight soon...within 24 hours of landing I enjoyed ChiChi's angelfood cake with strawberry puree and mom has made a vanilla wafer cake...oh yum!!! I ventured out of the house today and mom and I went to a friend's estate sale...look what I found! These little beauties came all the way from Germany...too cute! Mom added some precious vintage tableclothes to each of our collections! { thanks Mom!!! }
Hubby couldn't make it to Texas for vacation quite yet because of his upcoming Boards Part III exam, but what a special weekend he and Dallas will always share...their graduations! It is hard to be home "vacationing" when he is not here and consumed with his studies in PA. I miss him so much! It is such a transitional time for us...one of reflection on what has been accomplished and looking forward not knowing what all is to come...we are just content and thankful that God will continue to guide us...showing us His will along the way.
28 May 2008
life of cherries...
What transitions...
...from OH to PA
...from school to Residency
...from full-time work world to full-time business owner
...from living in OH to vactioning in TX for 3 weeks
...from living on the water to living in the hills
...from having one left at home to graduating the last child
...from having hubby 24/7 to being apart for a few weeks
...from missing family to consumed with them
...from forgetting meals to 3 home-cooked
...from no schedule to a soon-to-be-tied down life
Labels: love from texas, lovely family, lovely life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Three weeks - that is a long time, but nothing is better then being back home!
And what better timing for a three week escape - you have had so much going on, I am sure you need the rest!
Try not to miss him too much....
Post a Comment