14 July 2008

our new home...

As promised...here are some pics of our new place. We decided to rent instead of our original thought of buying...with the housing market as it currently sits we want to not have a house standing in the way of where we need to go after Residency {aka...when we are ready to head south...we can!} Renting also means less painting too. So I haven't done my typical striping of the walls...and I probably won't. I also seem to be hesitant to put holes in the wall...I'm sure this will change, but in the meantime you will see bare walls for the most part. I must also add...it was quite the adjustment moving into a brand new house...it was a challenge in my decorating mindset that I have tried to face head on. I was scared to scuff the walls, and all of the shiny white moldings, I was nervous about all my old pieces fitting in and not sure how my few peely paint things would work...but I have gotten used to it and things are fitting in quite nicely...well...that is until I redecorate and rearrange them...yet again!
There are so many things about our new house that we love, love, love!

{ the guest room }
what I love: that we have one complete with a bed!
favorite elements: huge window seat with the new.old chandi hanging over it


{ the living room }
what I love: light! the sun floods this room in the afternoon
favorite elements: the fireplace, large door to the patio, & built in bookcases


{ the dining room }
what I love: our new.old chandi {finally} hanging above the table
favorite elements: open to the kitchen


{ our bedroom }
what I love: that the master bath is attached
favorite elements: so spacious and beautiful crown molding


{ the kitchen }
what I love: the dishwasher!!!
favorite elements: one whole wall is open to the living room

{ the garage }
enough said!

{ the laundry room }
what I love: our new washer and dryer...aka bubbles and tumble!
favorite elements: off the kitchen

{ my office }
what I love: that I have one!
favorite elements: upstairs away from everything else

6 comments:

Lisa said...

absolutly beautiful!!! My favorite: the fireplace and book cases and your mix of old with the new - so, so welcoming....
Great job, Ash!

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVELY home!
Thanks for coming by my site... come back and visit!
Fifi

paisley peacock said...

my favorite: my apothecary table you have in your entry way :)

Chelle said...

it's just so entirely love and homey. you are a wonder, Miss Ashley!

The Nester said...

ok, i am 100% in love with you.

your home is so finished!! I feel like mine is always 95% done.

and yes, i had a lovely--oh and you and your sister and your mom are all beautiful--you should all be in a movie together.

Amanda said...

lovely but what is in the bottom of your trays/compotes, is it rice?