22 August 2008

flea market finds...

So obviously my bedtime isn't the only thing upside down {although...I made it to bed before 9:30pm last night!!}. I seem to completely have my dates off too... I have been excited to head to the local flea market this weekend with hubby. I have been thinking about it for the last week or so hoping that the 3rd times a charm seeing as the last 2 "attempts" at a flea market in my new town has resulted in disappointment!

You can only imagine my disappointment when I went to look up the directions last night to find out I am off on my weekends...are you kidding? Its not this weekend?

So...since my mind is obviously on the fleas...I thought I would share some of my recent finds. My sister and I spent one day antiquing while she was here...and we had pretty good results!!

{ this cute silver pedestal and I topped it off with a cloche I already had}

{ how cool is this piece? I found another one in a different color scheme...the lady was so excited to sell it to me as I promised to take care of them. I don't entirely know a lot about them, but the colors are perfect, the wording right on, and old...enough said! I need to now start clipping coupons for the custom framing!!}

{ another little silver piece }

{ Oh I was thrilled to add these to my collection...time for a party?! I found an entire set! With all the ones my mom got me several years ago...I am collecting quite the loot of sets! }

2 comments:

Lauren Kate said...

I can't read what the saying is on the piece that you need to get framed. What does it say? I just got 3 things framed custom framed...I just got them back and am so pleased! I need to show you them.

Amanda said...

I collect these snack sets too - LOVE them, this pattern is particuarly hard to find...just curious, how did you meet your group of 15 in PA?