24 September 2008

sista sista...

I must devote a post on this little ol'e blog to my dear old o'le sis. She is {soon.to.be} the proud owner of her first home {...yea!!!} and just started a fabulous new job {moving up the ladder and skipped a few rungs along the way!}. Lots of changes, challenges, and celebrations for this gal!

Well...in an effort to stay in constant design mode without rearranging my house weekly I have {so excitedly!} volunteered to help her with her new casa...she took me up on it! Now decorating via email and phone is no easy task, but I am sooo up for it and already have a few design thoughts up my sleeve {she will have a chandi over that sink if I have to learn to install it myself}...ok so maybe even 19 hours away I will have a bit of a strong opinion in this design challenge!

She is off to a great start though and I am having fun sifting through fabrics! She surprised my inbox with this fabulous find...{yep...she went shopping for fleas} I am so glad she took the time to polish and clean up her new treasures...I am pleading for possession of the little silver compote on top...{maybe this little tribute of a post will help!}

See...my mom taught us well..."always lean on your sister...she is your first and forever friend". We do... Krystal can/and always has been able to wonders with an outfit and I enjoy the interior design side of creating. We are each learning from the other though and maybe by the time we are old and grey {no...I think I will always be redheaded...anyways maybe for another post} we will have balanced out!

{ bottom pic taken by krystal...on an angle of course...she says i photograph on an angle...no comment! }

3 comments:

Connie Mac said...

I am so proud and lucky, to be stuck in the middle of these two fabulous girls! It is so much fun to be both mother and friend- this is a great age! Great things come to those who hang in there :)
Late nights, a lot of prayer...with lots of shopping and laughter mixed in.....

Krystal said...

Whoa- I got my own post!!! I am so excited and honored- seriously!!!
Thank you for the sweet words and encouragement. Everyday I wish you were here but espcially now! These last few weeks have been filled with laughter, tears, nervousness, excitement and pure happiness and I wish you were here to hold my hand! I could have never hand picked a sister as good as you! Not only do I need you assistance in making my house a home but your just plain good advice!!! I can't wait for you to come home for M&M- I hope my home is Ashley-worthy by then!!!! I love you- KK

paisley peacock said...

Yay Krystal..a big congrats on the new j-o-b AND your very first home. How exciting! Ps- the yellow cabbage is real yummy looking!