a little background...
through an amazing turn of events a few years ago I met Steve...he has become a good friend and is the owner of an event managing firm. He invited/hired me to be involved with an amazing non-profit organization, FIRST {for inspiration and recognition of science and technology}. In early January high school Robotics teams across the United States receive a box of parts...they are to turn these parts into a working robot run via a computer chip in the player station at one end of the playing field. The goal of the Robot's abilities is different every year...each year the game on the playing field changes leaving those 6 weeks as precious time to dream, create, and design the winning 'bot!
It is a competition like I have never experienced before. These kids have such intelligence, amazing team spirit {mascots too!}, applied smarts, and such determination.
My role...my role with the event is the event manager. As an event manager you oversee the production crew, regional committee, field crew, catering, venue contacts, the "staging" contacts, etc. It was challenging, fun, stretching mentally, tiring, and a wonderful opportunity...







3 comments:
My boyfriend in high school was in FIRST!
He ended up getting his degree in engineering, go figure.
I think my high school got really far in the competition one year too.
wow thats amazing!!
WOW!!!! I am sure glad to have you back though! :)
Post a Comment