25 August 2008

Wii-lly fun...

We had a wonderful weekend...again. We have truly been blessed with wonderful weekends in our new place most in part to having found wonderful friends so fast. I can remember back early on in the "residency" process when we thought of the slight possibility of not yet heading home. All shock aside I really began to ponder this possibility and realized that if this was possible this seasoned state mover was gonna need some "sure things" in order for the transition to be smoother than the last. One of the things I prayed for was friends. I knew that if hubby and I weren't headed home yet that we needed a physically close support system. I remember being so lonely when we first moved to Cleveland...it was just us in this new strange cold place.

God not only answered my prayer...he answered it in a way that blew my desires out of the water. This group of at least 15 has been so amazingly welcoming, more than believably inviting, and over the top generous that not only can you not help but love them all...we have this immediate at home feeling.

Since we have been here there hasn't been one weekend without at least one social "outting" with our new friends. This weekend was no exception. It was a Draftin' party for the guys and a Wii-lly good time for the girls at the "director's" house! Have you ever Wii-bowled barefoot in the grass in the backyard in front of a giant screen? Or watched Wii-Olymics 2008 on the big screen...they have the water cube and bird's nest on there!! ...too much fun! {this outdoor screen is now added to my wish list of future...would.be.fun.to.haves}

Once again...I didn't bring my camera. So uncharacteristic of me...although becoming normal. I'm not sure why...I am usually snap happy with the shooter, but lately...I have just been enjoying life. I need to start shooting again though...or else I will surely forget these little moments...seeing as my memory is one of the many reasons I starting blogging and love photography.

We were talking about it this weekend...it really feels like we have been here for so long...not that its dragged on, but that its become so comfortable so fast. We had a passing through guest a few weekends ago that paid us such a compliment...she was asking me about the winter weather conditions here for about the 3rd time...I reminded her nicely again that I am not real sure and haven't lived that yet...she giggled "I keep forgetting... ya'll just seem so comfortable here...its as if you have been here forever." It really made me stop and realize...she's right we fit right in...its not been "easy", but we have become blessingly comfortable.

Is it because we are seasoned movers? experienced state hoppers? I think not...I like to think its because God answered this gal's prayer!

{ image borrowed from openaircinema }

1 comment:

Clarke said...

the b&w graduation pic you have posted of you two is really cute!