hello friends! I hope you have all had a lovely last week or so. I have enjoyed my blogging break and my to-do list appreciated it...however, I did miss you friends!
We headed into Ohio this weekend...and really just barely across the border to a festival of sorts out in the middle of the woods. The drive was more than gorgeous and I explained to hubby yet again..."God doesn't make these colors in Texas"...we even decided hands down that the leaves are more vibrant here than even in Cleveland...It was majority "country" style {so my credit card wasn't tempted}, but there was great food, lots of live music, artisans creating their wares on sight, and a few booths that I really enjoyed. Plus...when else and where else will you ever be in the middle of the woods with thousands of people! So since most of you won't be able to go I hope you enjoy this little tour of sorts through the "Christmas in the Woods" fair in Columbiana, Ohio....
It was a beautiful day and the weather was perfect. A canopy of trees covered all the hustle and bustle of {way too many} shoppers. {I think their article in CL most certainly helped with the many who flocked to see such a sight!} ...
...there was plenty of fun foods and homemade goodies to choose from... we enjoyed this sweet kettle corn and picked up some handmade dips from 2 sweet ladies...

...live music from traditional instruments to modern vocals...different turns through the trees and paths brought different sights and sounds...
and unique booths...
here were my 2 favorites... {I think hubby liked the tasting ones best and the blacksmith who had lovely ironwork}... I heart these silver wind chimes!!
a wagon full of ADORABLE pumpkins...
...and these pumpkin pillows remind me of some my mom has made...
...and on our way out of their little town we stopped at this Hot Dog Shoppe we spotted on the way in...have you ever seen such a thing? {we hadn't}and as you can imagine...this southern gal is obsessed with the views and glowing landscape of our autumn... {click on image for larger view and you'll agree!}

13 October 2008
a festival in the woods...
Labels: lovely family, lovely life, lovely travels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
you have been missed!!!
and the festival looks adorable - I am craving some fall festival fun....
so glad you're back! your trip looked fun and relaxing. I so wish we had changing leaves out here!
LOVING those sterling spoony windchime thingies. Very cute. I also love the blue and green tartan in the skirt that weaver woman is wearing. Really pretty colors! Fall is glorious in that part of the world, isn't it.
I'm glad you like my dining room paint color. I'm wondering if I should have stuck with the gold colors I love so much. :( Should have done the Mannered or Restrained Gold. It just looks better with my transferware and tole. I think I may repaint after the hubs goes back to work ;) Poor hubs.
Thanks for your words. They mean so much to me! Happy Fall!
Post a Comment